Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Venting time

I need to blow a friggin gasket for a sec...

What is with people and their attitudes towards kids school sales drives. When my daughter was young I used to give to everyone who asked for their school events. Candy bar sales, candle sales, calender sales what ever was asked of me by my friends.

When Jessica became of the age to have these drives everyones wallet seemed to dry up. Now I've commited to not doing it anymore because I got jaded when it was my daughters time.

A co-worker just came in selling calenders for his kids and I politely tried to decline citing no money on me. To which he was willing to extend me the credit till I could pay and again I politely declined..

This co-worker just stormed out of my room in a fit of anger because he didn't get his way. Now I'm as giving as possible to all that know me and maybe I'm a bit off base here but these things should be banned from work..all they do is create resentment.. Now he is angry at me over a lousy $5 and I'm angry at him for his tantrum......

people- Get the fuck over it, if you don't get what your after then act like an adult ..or don't bring the damn things to work...........

3 comments:

Catfish said...

it really sounds like this guy doesn't know how to act like an adult, in adult situations.

that really sucks that your "friends" dont support your daughter the way you had supported their kids. if i wasn't able to, i told them, & they were cool with it.

that guy really sounds like he has some issues

hippietim said...

one of my coworkers brought in a shit ton of girl scout cookies he just bought them for his daughter to make her numbers and then put the cookies out at work for free.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pops.. I do have to agree with you on this... school fundraisers should not be done at a parents work place.. I appreaciate all the times which you and mom pushed the school fundraisers at work for me.. however,looking back I remember all of the times where I went out into our neighborhood to all of the neighbors myself, I never even see kids doing that now, and I really think that if a parent is going to help their child with their school fundraisers that the parents need to go around the neighborhood with the children, It teaches them entrepenuership, and it teaches them the hard work. Most of these fundraisers had rewards like when I was in Hudson memorial, we would sell so many magazines and get points, then we could go get our rewards... It teaches kids that they need to work harder in order to get the prize that they wanted.