Monday, July 31, 2006

people care?

Ever feel used? I seem to have a knack for being the person everyone goes to when they need something. I truly am a giving person and do whatever I can to help out yet I always seem to come up with the short end of the stick. People have no issue with asking or even expecting things from me and I guess being a person who is usually willing to help it is only natural.

My problem seems to have arisen in the fact that after people get what they need from me they go along their merry way blind to my feelings or well being. It gets frustrating because all while I am being generous people live their lives being selfish.

Life was never about personal gain for me so I guess I can wear my emotions on my sleeve and just chalk it up to me being naïve. So what’s the deal with people? Is it truly human nature to just be takers all the time?

1 comment:

emily said...

I hear you loud and clear, my friend. People for the most part only care about themselves, only care to talk about themselves, and only care about what is going on in their own life.
This is why I gave up making friends or doing anything for anyone but my own family and closest of friends, a loooong time ago. As soon as I started asking myself these questions is when I yanked the welcome mat.
I'm feelin' ya. ;)
-Em