Sunday, February 12, 2006

Finally ...

Old man winter finally makes an appearance of some substance today .. We are in the middle of a storm that is expected to dump 12"-18" of snow today ..


I guess it isn't all bad as we have had the most mild of winters as far as I can remember and to boot it will be mild again by the end of the week. On a related note given the mild winter and this storm today we are due to go from below normal avg snowfall to above in just this one storm .....go figure..

Being stuck in the house on a Snowy Sunday isn't such a big deal as it always bring New England comfort foods to memory. Corn Chowder, Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup, French Onion Soup, Beef Stew to name just a few. Getting hungry yet?

On the downlow...

Ever flip to an internet site that changes so often it's much cleaner than your underwear? Check out the link to my right from Em .. Everytime I go to her site it is a new experience, not only because she has interesting things to blog about ...but the appearance of the site changes almost daily. Hitting the link button on my site is like being in outer space and warping to another galaxy and not knowing if you will end up in a familiar place, or a parallel universe... .at any rate it's always an interesting and fun place to stop ...

I'm off to watch the snow fall ..maybe I'll post more latah ..

2 comments:

Catfish said...

I hear ya Mayday ... we really haven't had much of a winter either. except the crapload of snow that was dumped on us the tuesday before thanksgiving. & to top it off, most of the city street departments were completely unprepared - which reall got me mad considering this had been in the forcast for a week prior. took me 3 & 1/2 hours to get home on a usual 30-45 minute ride - but within a week most of it was gone. it was an adventure with my 4 cylinder, rear wheel drive, tacoma - but it accepted the challenge & did a fantastic job :)

" ... Hitting the link button on my site is like being in outer space and warping to another galaxy and not knowing if you will end up in a familiar place, or a parallel universe... .at any rate it's always an interesting and fun place to stop ..."
Couldn't have said it any better myself

emily said...

Bwahahahaha!!!
That rocks. Simply.
Thanks for the props!
My blog drives me insane.
Yours, however, is always refreshing! SNOW!!! I bet the air smells fantastic!
I'm hungry. ;)