Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving people!


Well here we are, T-day eve 2005 and another year almost down. I can't believe the holiday season is about to start already and another year passes like the gas from our german shepherd. As I get older I can't believe how fast the time seems to be going so I figured I take a moment for a little reflection in honor of the holiday..

I wanted to talk about the things I'm thankful for, I know that is a little cliche but all too often those little things tend to be a bit forgotten.


I'm thankful for:

The fact that I'm still alive after so many of my younger years thinking I'd never see the age of 30 and now I'm about to hit 40.

I'm thankful that for all the times I've been an asshole my wife still sees enough good in me to continue being my best friend, regardless of what I put her through (Yes Sull Dutch ovens not withstanding)

I'm thankful for what family I still have in my life. While this seems like a logocal thing it hits home harder for me as Dec and the holiday season is always the most depressing time of year.

I'm thankful that I've made so many wonderful friends over the last few years through the JCF. I find it so amazing to know people so closely without ever meeting face to face. I hope to make many more lasting friendships.

I'm thankful that after a rough 2 years my love of guitar is slowly creeping back into my fingers and it's becoming an enjoyment to me again. It was like a long lost love I never thought I'd find.

I'm thankful that I'm finally working to be a better person within my own life and begining to feel more comfortable with who I am.

I'm thankful I didn't have to: Buy,Kill,Clean or Cook the fukking bird tomorrow...which mean there is no getting up at 5am for me.

I'm thankful for: Sam Adams,Heinekin,Black and Tans,Corona,Capt and Cokes,Jameson,Jack Daniels and any other tasty treat that'll make ya do stupid things....

I'm thankful for: Charvel,Jackson,Gibson,Line6,Marshall, and anything else that will help kill my hearing.

I'm thankful for blogs just so I can laugh my ass off ....


If you have gotten this far I'm thankful you cared enough to read through all my bullshit!!


Hope everyone has a great T-day
~K~

No comments: