Friday, September 15, 2006

Sept 15th 1995

It was 16 years ago @ 6:30 pm I married my wife Diane. I have never regretted that decision once in the whole time we have been together. We aren't a typical married couple or at least not the same as others around us that we both know.

Diane has always been my best friend in the deepest sense of the word. She has never judged me in my weakness, never laughed at my darkest secrets, stood behind me through a lot of bad times and most of all celebrated a lot of good times with me.

When I say we aren't the typical married couple we simply do not fit into what the conventional married stereo type is all about. We both love spending our time together and love being together. While we have occasions where we go do our own things most of the time we spend hanging around each other. When a weekend is in sight it usually isn't the typical Sat I'm taking off with my friends routine, it is what would you like to do this weekend. I'd never trade that for anything in this world ..

When Diane and I got married we had a small wedding or at least smaller than most, it was about 80 people. Our first song that we danced to was "Forever" by Kiss as we were both 80's kids. Our honeymoon was spent in Niagara Falls NY and the rest follow to where we are today.

People who know me probably know I have a very wide love of music. It transcends all different types of music from Heavy Metal to Country. Recently on a drive a song came on that was on a local country station called "Good morning Beautiful"

"Good morning beautiful, how was your night"
"Mine was wonderful with you by my side"
"When I open my eye and see your sweet face"
"It's a good morning beautiful day"

Cheesy? Maybe but I've told Diane I think of her every time I hear it and these days it is the song I associate with her. I couldn't have asked for a better partner to be with but most of all I couldn't ask for a better friend so here's my salute to my loving wife ...

"Here's to another 16 babe, you are my world"

Luv ~Me~

No comments: