Saturday, January 21, 2006

The big time

Todays read isn't about me or my thoughts but about some friends of ours who have hit the big time. Last night on 20/20 a segment was done about Norah Vincent who went undercover as a man to get inside their lives and write a book entitled "Self made man" about her experience.

We met Norah several years ago through her spouse Lisa M. I've know Lisa through my entire relationship with my wife Diane and she has known Lisa since they were youngins.. Norah is a brillant journalist and very well spoken so when she told us a few years ago of the project she was about to undertake we were all impressed and intrigued.

Yesterday was the pinnacle of all of her hard work and her story debut was aired on 20/20. You can watch an excerpt here http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1528001

The experinece ended up resulting in an 18 month undercover journey as a man named Ned who joined a bowling team, dated women and even went to a monastary. Ned (Norah's) experience and point of view of men and their world is detail in her book and while we haven't had the chance to read it yet, knowing Norah we are really looking forward to it ..

Diane and I wish Norah and Lisa the best of luck with the book and their happiness together. If you wish to learn more about Norah you can vist her website

http://norahvincent.net/


I'm out

1 comment:

Mayday's lost world said...

Hey L...

How in the hell did you find my blog? LOL..