Friday, January 27, 2006

In memory of

20 years ago today the Challenger space shuttle was destroyed as millions of Americans watched in agony. I wanted to make sure to post about this today because it had significant meaning to me. I most certainly remember that day very clearly as it unfolded on television..

The reason it is of an importance to me is because this was to be the flight with the first civilain, a teacher whose name was Christa McAuliff. Christa was from my home state of NH and lived about 25 minutes north of my town. It was big news here that she was doing such an exciting thing and it was a whole state who mourned her loss along with the crew that accompanied her on that fateful trip ...

Please take a minute to remember these brave souls.

on a side note if you want to read a bit here is an article about the 7 myths of the challenger disaster that is pretty interesing and thought provoking ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11031097/

No comments: