Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm tired

I'm tired.. I'm tired of people, I'm tired of living with this, I'm tired of fear and frustration, I'm tired of suddenly feel so insecure over everything, I'm tired of people who take but cannot give and I'm just plain tired of living tonight.

I try so hard to be open, giving and caring. Maybe I try too hard who knows. I try to be generous with my time, my ear, my compassion and my money. I constantly try to give but rarely ever get in return.

Don't get me wrong I do have a few friends that check in and try and make sure I'm good. I appreciate those people more than I could ever express to them, albeit I try to make sure they know it.

I'm not sure when the turning point was for me I can't put my finger on the day or anything. I was always outgoing and confident even with my hidden secrets. But lately I'm insecure and I'm not used to feeling that way. I'm constantly beating myself up wondering what people think and caring too much about what they think. My skin has gotten thin.. thinner than it has been since I was a kid..

When I was young I was semi introverted, unsure of myself in this world and not extremely outgoing. As I got older music and bands changed that for me. I became a little more of an extrovert and I noticed that people were drawn to me.

Call it cocky or call it confidence, whatever you want, but I had that certain charisma that people seemed to be drawn towards. I was never a follower, I couldn't be. My wife knew it. she could never understand how no matter where we went someone would either know me or talk to me like they had known me their whole lives.. Is that being cocky? who knows

The confidence was a good way of not letting people in and it certainly helped keep me from being hurt by people. It helped hide the real me, it helped conceal my darkest fears and make them shielded from making me a vulnerable person

So how did I go from people being drawn to me to feeling as though I've been pushing them away?When did I lose that self confidence I had become so used too.

Tonight I'm certainly tired..... I'm tired of life..

1 comment:

Catfish said...

hey Kev ... i hear where your coming from. i also was an extremely introverted kid and felt almost exactly the same was as you do now. i cant say that i am completely over it, cause im not. i have always had issues with how people viewed me, sometimes more than others. many times i've hid behind a wall of confidence, only to realize the only one i'm tricking is me.

i've come to a point thought that i really dont care what people think anymore. if you like me, then you like me for who i am & nothing less than that. acceptance is core to being human & everyone to some extent has their own issues with it. i guess i reached a point that i just dont care as much anymore - & i wasnt going to let those negative feelings rule my life. i have the best friends i could ever ask for, and although there aren't many, the ones i have are worth their weight in gold.

i hope your able to look inside & identify the same things ive been able to find in myself. there isnt anything wrong with what your feeling - i comnpletely understand it. i just want you to be able to live without worry. if there's anything i could do to help, please feel free to contact me.

take care kev