Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF

So it's Friday almost 3pm and it's been a long damn day. I guess the only positive part of it is that there is no work tomorrow thank god. The sun is shining today and there is that nice hint of autumn in the air. If you have never experienced fall in New England you get used to the faint smell of the autumn leaves every year. It isn't something I can explain or relate it to anything else other than to say that whenever it hit's my nose, it is definitely a familiar odor to me every year.

This is the one time of year that I love being in New England. The crispness of the air, the changing of the leaves and that familiar smell all remind me that I'm alive. I guess it isn't hard to tell that this is my favorite season here. There are a lot of times where I'd love to live in other parts of the country but this is the one time I simply feel grounded here and know I'd miss it terribly.

So we get a minor reprieve from the rain for a few days, of at least until tomorrow night. It seems like I have so much to do before the snow flies and the weather just keeps pushing that out of reach. I'll have leaves to rake up and a yard full of things that need to be stored all on top of some house maintenance to get finished up.

C'mon 3:30 .........

No comments: