Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wow

Hey guess what, The SUN is out!! Don't hold your breath tho they said it will be raining again later this afternoon- Go F'in figure ..

Anyway onward ..

For those that know me are aware that I run a few forums for the fans of Charvel Jackson guitars http://www.jacksonguitars.com

The 1st forum I am lucky enough to run with 4 other guys that have the same passion as I do http://www.jcfonline.com which is dedicated to Charvel/Jackson guitars of all creeds.

the 2nd forum I run is dedicated strictly to USA Charvels http://www.charvelcentral.com and is run by myself and 2 other individuals.

In my many years of collecting and playing music I've been blessed to meet many people, and be involved in some cool things regarding these guitars,the people who make them, the people who play them and in some instances the artists who endorse them.

In my endevours I've been lucky enough to design a few limited guitar runs that have been extremely successful and most recently was a run we affectionately nicknamed "The Dweezil Green Meanie" after Dweezil Zappa original green charvel in which I teamed up with Matt from http://www.mattsmusic.com a great dealer out of Massachusetts!

This runs was a Green charvel, with a Floyd, one hum (Duncan Custom) and a maple board. The run was completed as a 20 guitar lot with 10 reversed headstock and 10 regular by the Charvel/Jackson custom shop. I am pleased to say that these guitar turned out to be nothing short of amazing and I am pleased to be a part of it. Here is Reveresed #1 in all her glory






A few years ago in 2001 and 2002 I appraoched a dealer out of Oklahoma who whould help me do a ltd run of 30 Black and White Bullseye Charvels. Lloyd ended up becoming a good friend to me and he runs an online music store http://www.guitarexpress.com and his own guitar line http://www.sandimasguitars.com

In 2001 USA Charvels were not a standard production guitar and had been sleeping for several years in the correct form. The last true USA Charvels that rolled off of the line were in 1986 and the only way to get one done was a custom order. Lloyd and I decided that we could do a proper run of USA Charvels and do it the right way. The run was a huge success and revered as some of the best modern Charvels to come out of the factory. To date I have not only not heard a bad word concerning those guitars it has gotten to the point that they rarely sell and people actually watch for them to buy one. I'd like to beleive this run was the springboard for the newly released USA standard line and the mother to the the Green Charvel seen above..

Here is Bullsyeye #1 in all her glory.


I'm proud to have been a part of these runs and a part of the ressurection of an 80's legend in 80's metal. I only hope that these guitars will be enjoyed for generations to come and anyone who remembers these 2 runs remember the people associated with them

I hope everyone appreciates them as much as I have and makes some great music with theirs...

Kev

No comments: