Sunday, May 14, 2006

Damp days

Well today is mother's day and we are currently in our 2nd week of rain straight. The weatherman says it will slowly (VERY SLOW) start drying out this week but apparently it will remain shitty all week.

We went to do our grocery shopping this am like old people do on Sunday and a lot of the roads or washed over from the rivers,ponds,streams and marshes up here. There wasn't many ways to go without going through a mini river on the road. Apparently we have received 5" of rain in the last 24 hours with another 2-4 expected today ..I have to admit it's friggin nuts..

Jess called to take her mom to lunch and I'm sitting here listening to the rain and I'm going to transfer the Ratt behind the music to DVD in a sec. That show touched a lot of people from the JCF this week because of the Jackson/Charvel ties to the band but mainly due to "The King" Robbin Crosby. I have to admit after I watched it it stirred some pretty deep emotion ..

To say it has been a good weekend would be a load of BS but it hasn't been a bad one either. We had some family issues that affected us and some personal issues for me popped up. It isn't normally something I would mention but a very good friend of mind stepped to the plate this weekend and showed me what true friendship is all about. I would take 1 friend like that over every aquaintence I've known in my life. I won't say in this writing what it is all about other than to say it is a very deep issue for me and my buddy showed a lot of concern for my well being and made sure I'd know he'd be there for me.. (Thanks dude)

Annah's first gig with her new band (http://www.ignitor.org) was last night and she has yet to post about how it went. Several of us are so stoked for her over this new chance that we are all very proud. .. Congrat's Annah..

Em's been picked to be a highlighted artist on unsigned mp3.com (http://www.mp3unsigned.com/) again someone we are all proud of and wish her myriads of success ... You go Em...Congrats

If you have read my journal entries about my daughter I sincerly appeciate it. It was a good purge to actually put it in writing and while I touched very deeply on the story I didn't add everything.. that's something I'm keeping for us ...

Hope your weekend is going well and your staying dry ..

Latah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you check out the emails I sent to you... now thoes are some pictures to post about!! WOW... Million dollar condos under water.. good greif, Hope you stayed dry. Love you lots
Jess