Sunday, May 07, 2006

Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration? Is it in the giggles of your children?The eyes of your lover? How about that song that gets your adrenalin pumping or could it be something as simple as a sunset.

I guess it doesn't matter exactly where we find it as long as we allow it it enrich us and strive to be better or simply helps us to enjoy the day with a smile.

I had a hard time with inspiration for so many years. That isn't to say that I was never inspired by anything, certain musicians influenced me to pick up the guitar but I couldn't find it in the simplest of things.

Over the last 6-9 months I've been on my own journey in life trying to find myself and work on the things that have been suppressing that inspiration. The nice thing is I'm slowly starting to see the beauty in each day and the people that matter the most to me, for the first time in my life I'm slowly finding consistent happiness. For me that has been a sporadic thing dependent upon how busy I kept my life and buried my inner feelings down deep.

I'm working who I need to be in life now, I guess when the children are gone our inner self needs to become the focus and that it has for me. I'm truly inspired by each day and thankful for what it is starting to bring me ...

When I wake up in the morning it could be the smile of my wife looking back at me or the sound of the birds. It can be the humor of the dog chasing the cat through the house or the Redsox game on my TV. The inner creator in me is beginning to feel that in my playing guitar again for the first time in years and it is a part of my life that I've deeply missed.

Everyday I get on the web and find inspiration and here's a few that stand out for me ..


My buddy Sully...

Even in the crappiest of times the thing that always rings true is his humor and his insatiable appetite for coining the latest JCF catch phrase.

Emily..

I admire your free spirited nature and your love of your family...

Annah..

Your drive and determination to be who you are and not allowing anyone to take that away, but most of all doing it in a manner you can Be proud of and make no apologies for..

Cat ..

The fact that no matter how hard you get kicked in the ass you are determined to beat it...

Smoking Chad "Chewbacca""Ash

Another humor driven individual but most of all someone who can see through all the Bullshit to the true meanings of things.

These are just a few observations and maybe they don't mean anything to anyone else. Maybe somebody will say ..fuck yeah and agree.. who knows that is the nice part of finding inspirations in things,, it is truly yours and only yours ..


Hope all of you are able to find your inspirations everyday.....

1 comment:

emily said...

You've nailed it, Kev!
Inspiration can be found in the smallest and most obscure places at times. Maybe even at the tip of your nose! LOL!
I'm happy for you and the road you've found to walk along now.
Smiles!